CSR & Smart Implementing Partner
Our years of proven expertise and ability to scale and deliver bespoke solutions has brought not only peace and comfort to our stake-holders and partners-in-progress, but also smiles in the target segments which is the ultimate test of success for any SMART CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Activity.
Freedom4U team has over 190 man-years of rich experience in developmental sector & a repertoire of over 1000 CSR programs and projects to suit every ones budget. We provide ‘bespoke’ CSR Solutions to not only Corporates but also to other entities that want to be socially responsible citizens viz., Clubs, Hospitals, Associations, Non-profits, Large Cooperative Societies, Federations, Schools/Colleges, and Technical Training Institutes.
From the stage of ideation, design, execution, monitoring/evaluation and reporting to Govt. authorities, we hold hands of our sponsors and partners-in-progress to implement the CSR projects with least INR spend, deriving optimal benefits to all the stake-holders.
CSR is a creative opportunity to fundamentally strengthen business while contributing to society at the same time. The big challenge for companies and NGOs is how to develop an approach that can truly deliver for both.
To make the most of CSR, Smart Partnering is the ONLY practical way forward. Smart partnering is emerging as a way to create value for both the business and society simultaneously. Smart partnering focuses on key areas of impact between business and society, and develops creative solutions that draw on the complementary capabilities of both to address major challenges that affect each partner.
Freedom4U is the most preferred partner for a few large companies/MNCs
CSR Rules & The Companies Act, 2103
The new Companies Act 2013 mandates that companies of a certain size spend 2% of their three – year average annual profit towards CSR, is a landmark one as it makes India among the first nations to have social welfare spending as part of law governing the companies.
Around 16500 companies would qualify under the new CSR Rules 2013, with a mandate of an estimated CSR spending of Rs. 22500 crores in 2014-15, the very first year of implementation of the CSR Rules.
In order to maximise the impact of their CSR activity, Indian corporate houses need to look beyond the traditional ‘charity or philanthropy’ of writind a donation cheque. Freedom4U helps in developing a succinct & smart CSR strategy with potential for large – scale social and economic impact. The first step towards developing a CSR strategy is to define a maximum of 2 – 3 social issues annually instead of dipping the hands in all the 14 activities listed in the CSR Rules.
Suggested reading on CSR/World Giving Index:
- Read the handbook launched by PricewaterhouseCoopers for an understanding of CSR – It highlights important aspects of Clause 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and its implications on companies. A major part of the handbook focuses on the ‘what’ and ‘how’ of strategising, planning, executing and monitoring these CSR activities.You can download a copy of the handbook from their website: www.pwc.in/en_IN/in/assets/pdfs/publications/2013/handbook-on-corporate-social-responsibility-in-india.pdf
- For other articles on Corporate Social Responsibility you can also visit www.samhita.org
- The World Giving Index, which is the most comprehensive report on global charitable behaviour, includes data from 135 countries across the globe that was collected throughout the calendar year of 2012. The aim of the World Giving Index is to provide insight into the scope and nature of giving around the world.
Click here to download the report.
Projects ideas: require CSR funds
The following important and meaningful projects are awaiting your CSR funds:
- Human Milk Bank : Cost Rs 1.2 M to be setup as a pioneering Bank in Navi Mumbai in a large hospital where over 300 babies are born every month. The milk bank basically caters to pre-term/grossly under-weight babies who require mother’s milk for survival. It can be set-up & functionally ready in just 3 months and inaugurated.
- 3 Vocational Training Centers at 3 different locations in Navi Mumbai, Chiplun Taluka, Thane at a cost of Rs 2.4M in total for training youth in employable skills.
- Senior Citizen day-Care center being constructed at a cost of Rs 13Million, and Rs 8 million collected for Civil construction till date and Rs 5.5million already incurred upto G+2 level. Internal equipment for medical/physiotherapy centers, library, meditation hall, canteen etc. are required and the cost of the same is approx. Rs 5Million ; Building completed upto G+2, which can be inaugurated in 3 months after the additional funds are committed by the donor; thereafter we require maximum 5 months for completing 3rd and 4th floor, which can be inaugurated in the 6th month from the date of inauguration of G+2 level.
- Start an Emergency Medical Response Service at a cost of Rs 1 Million in first qrtr of 2016
- Construct home-away-from-home (an Old-age Home) for orphaned senior citizens, 70 kms away from Mumbai, at a cost of Rs 40 Million
- 10 Community Libraries at different locations of Navi Mumbai in the slum areas at a cost of Rs 2 Million.
- Continuing economic/sustainable livelihood programs for under-privileged Girl Children/women, at a cost of Rs 0.1 Million per 100 persons, we are planning to train abour 1000 under-privileged girls/women in various basic skills like Mehendi Art Design, Beautician, Artificial Jewelry, Computer skills, Tally Accounting Software course, Basic MS Windows course, etc. Total cost is Rs 1M.
CSR Project implemented by Freedom4U
A few of our large CSR Projects from 2008 onwards (much before the mandatory law came into force!!) from ideation to completion, sponsored by a few socially committed corporate citizens, implemented by us are as under:
- Free Jaipur Foot and Calipers Camp in Nov 2013 and in Nov 2014, sponsored by a MNC benefitted over 500 physically challenged persons from many parts of India. (photos)
- ‘Safe and Clean drinking water for all slum children’ project in 2014: 2-in-one model of water filter with 5 stage filtration, fitted in over 17 schools, benefitting over 20,000 children , sponsored by a MNC (photo)
- Health and well-being of slum children : deworming projects in 2013, 2014 benefitted over 10,000 children in Navi Mumbai slums (photo)
- IT Lab to benefit poor school children in Taloja taluka, donated by a company in 2013 (photo)
- Modern Science Lab at a Municipal School in Navi Mumbai in 2008 (cost Rs 0.81M) (Photo)
- Basket Ball and Ball Badminton Court (2012) in a school costing Rs 0.28M (Photo)
- Full day Wellness and Health Camp(2012) including Life Style diseases like Diabetes/Cardiac/Obesity Detection and Prevention Camp in a remote village, Koynavelegaon, in Taloja taluka (Photo)
- A Community Library (2013) at a cost of Rs 0..175M (Photo)
- Freedom4U was instrumental in arranging donors for funding civil construction cost of Senior Citizen Day Care Center (2012-till date), of G+4 structure of approx. 4000 sq ft, at Airoli, at a cost of Rs 1.3M (excluding Land cost), funded jointly by two Rotary Clubs(Photo)
- Over 4000 slum children benefitted in the two academic years (2011/12) through our children empowerment project viz., School Books donation at a cost of approx. Rs 0.7M (Photo)
- Innumerable Health Camps (2008-till date), at highly subsidized rates organized for the under-privileged, on behalf of a leading local hospital partnering with us (Photo)
- Sports Uniforms for Girl Children and school furniture donated to a village school in 2013 (Photo)
- Basic Skill development Training (2010-15) to women/girl children for enhancing Livelihood/ Sustainability on a continuous basis in the slums of Navi Mumbai benefitting over 800 persons(Photo)
- Eye/ear check-up camps (2012-14) for poor children in the slums, organized in over 15 schools; free spectacles and hearing aids were provided by a MNC (Photo)
- Disaster Management and First-Aid Training to over 20 schools , most of them sponsored by a few leading corporates, benefitting over 19000 school children
- Planted trees with tree protection guards in a vantage location for a “Greener Airoli” on World Environment Day in June 2009, sponsored by a MNC.
- Besides, jointly organized with many NGOs, another project for changing the façade of Rabale mountains into Green by planting over 10000 trees in Aug 2009(Photo)